Tuesday, October 18, 2011

International Dog of Mistery


Yeah! I travel!

I should also get miles but animals seem to be discriminated against . No miles for us just crates.
I personally like to go to Italy, but there are so many other destinations to pee on.

Before I leave town, I always go to my Vet, for a health check, sometimes I need new shots.
It's not that complicated, but check the consulate or embassy's site for your country of destination .
All requirements are listed.  After you receive your Health Certificate time to show up at the USDA's office and pay! once more, but that's really for coming home.

The USDA has very weird hours, so check their site again or you'll be denied that day.

The Microship I have is an AVID so I also travel with a Micro Chip reader as required per the Italian government. No that they care when you arrive in Rome. Ah , those Italian!

They use a different Chips in Europe, some countries won't let dogs and cats enter without having their European Chip put in. Some of my friends are double Chipped which sounds cool. I am not.


Also call the airline to ask them what requirements they have, I like to call reservations so no surprises at the airport . I even have an airline approved dog carrier, my wheels strap on to the side of it so I don't  leave them at security.

All in all it's simple as long as the process is started a few months or at least 30 days before your trip.

Then I get a 1/2 sleeping pill and in the cabin I sleep pretty much till we land.

Some airports have doggy areas, LAX , Montreal,....to name a few.
When they don't I use Wee Wee pad, just not as sexy.


But I'll pee anywhere just to go to Italy.

Ciao!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment